Pregnancy is the most sensitive phase of a woman’s life. Nobody other than a woman can tell the real meaning of carrying two lives in one body. This phase is characterized by weight gain, stress and a lot of pressure about the conclusion of the tenure. We live in a world where women often overlook the idea of leaving workout and exercise when delivery time is near, but the contrary believed, working out during pregnancy is extremely fruitful for the mother and the baby. Several research has proven that exercising during pregnancy is good for the mother as well as the baby.
However, the only concern is how to exercise during pregnancy? Every woman struggles with these questions. Don’t worry; we’re here to answer all your questions. Physical exercise is extremely important because it improves the overall health and wellness of the body. Unless you’re not healthy, you will very likely be running into major problems that could be very damaging.
If you’re a woman, then you should be prepared for many discomforts post-and-pregnancy eras. Moreover, prepare your body for labor so that you don’t run into intense pain.
Let me answer some of the frequently asked questions about exercise during pregnancy:
Is it safe to exercise during pregnancy?
Well, a simple answer is a plain yes! It is completely safe to work out in mainstream cases of pregnancy. Most doctors recommend exercise during pregnancy because it keeps a woman fit. However, the body type will reflect upon a person’s ability to exercise. Most health experts suggest women to continue working out as it helps them prepare for labor. It is imperative that whatever exercises you perform must be done in the supervision of a qualified trainer. You can consult Downingtown women’s trainer about the exercises that they subscribe a woman to during pregnancy.
However, keep in mind that you won’t be doing a weight loss exercise, but workout during pregnancy will surely help you in losing weight after the delivery of your baby.
What are the pros of exercising during pregnancy?
A normal exercise routine extends from 20 to 45 minutes, however in case of pregnancy, you will need to cut down the exercise time to maximum 20 minutes. Don’t worry about losing out on intense exercises, this time you’re exercising to keep yourself fit and active only. The prospective benefits of exercise during this phase are:
- Better sleep – You will be able to sleep peacefully after exercising.
- Increased Energy – As a conventional benefit, one will be able to achieve boosted levels of energy.
- Reduction in back aches/constipation – These are major repercussions of pregnancy, with exercise one can get relief from these chronic issues.
- Enhances muscle tone and strength – As an expecting mother, you will very likely be experiencing weakness in your body because you have another life in your belly. Exercise will be able to restore muscle strength.
- Less mood swings – Many pregnant women experience sudden mood swings as a result of which their routine life gets affected. With healthy exercise done, you will be able to smile for the rest of the day.
What to do during pregnancy exercise?
When you’re pregnant and about to exercise then make sure that you’re completely relaxed for the process. There are do’s and don’ts that one needs to keep in mind when exercising. During pregnancy exercise, make sure that:
- You wear loose fitting which is very comfortable with body size.
- You exercise on a flat surface so that any possible injuries can be prevented.
- You are eating enough calories that can suffice for the energy that is consumed during exercise.
- You are drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated.
[Related Reading: 7 Yoga Poses to Burn Belly Fat]
Lastly, it is pivotal to enjoy the bliss of pregnancy and motherhood. Exercising regularly during this phase will surely prove to be of great help by the end of the tenure. Labor pain is something that every woman has to go through, therefore it is better if some homework is already done before the baby pops out!